Benjamin S. Bolton
Newton, New Hampshire
Game artist specializing in hardsurface modeling.
- Modeling and baking for games using 3ds Max and Maya.
- Sculpting and augmenting highpoly models using ZBrush.
- Texturing with Photoshop and Substance Painter for PBR shaders.
- Experience with Unity 5, UDK, Source, and CoD engines.
- Modeling from production concepts.
- Creating modular assets.
Shipped and Contributed Titles
- (2013) Bioshock: Infinite, as Freelancer
- (2014) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, as Weapons and Vehicles Artist
- (2015) Call of Duty: Black Ops III, as Freelancer
- (2016) Hitman, as Freelancer
November 2015 - Present
Freelance Hardsurface Artist.
Creating game-spec weapons and props for various employers on a freelance basis. Contributed to Call of Duty: Black Ops III and several unannounced titles.
June 2013 - November 2015
Weapons and Vehicles Artist at Sledgehammer Games.
Created futuristic weapons and vehicles based on concept art. Shipped Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in 2014 and DLC throughout 2015. Contributed to an unannounced project.
Graduated Champlain College with a BS in Game Art and Animation.
June 2012 - August 2012
Freelance Game Artist with Streamline Malaysia
Created first-person assets and world props for Bioshock: Infinite.
September 2010 - May 2011
3D Tutor at Champlain College's game art lab.
Assisted students with their projects, and with questions about UDK, Maya, Photoshop, and Crazybump.
April - August 2010
3D Artist at Champlain College's Emergent Media Center.
Created accurate models and textures of numerous buildings in Burlington, VT, for use on Google Earth.
Champlain College - Burlington, VT
Bachelor of Science in Game Art & Animation, awarded May 2013